A business card is one of the most important marketing materials that represent your brand. When you meet a potential client for the first time or connect with a peer at a networking event, your business card is a physical memento of the first impression that was made in person. Because of your business card’s importance, you want to make sure it is as memorable as possible. Here are a few ways to create a business card design that stands out:
- Paper and finish: People are tactile, and whether consciously or subconsciously, they will take notice of the paper quality used to create your business cards. When you invest in high quality paper stock or a special finish for your business card printing, it can be felt. Depending on your organization’s voice and image, you may want to go with a medium stock paper and a matte finish, or perhaps a heavy stock with a glossy finish.
- Fonts and color: The fonts and colors that you use should appropriately represent your company. A more serious organization like a law firm or a pest control service should utilize colors and fonts that accurately represent the voice of the company, while a more fun or luxurious organization like a dog walker or a hair salon should use fonts that are more whimsical and colors that are more carefree.
- Shape and size: If your company offers a service that is more unusual or unique, use the shape of your business card to represent that! Die cutting can be utilized to shape your business card into a form that represents your company, such as a cupcake for a bakery or a key for a locksmith.
- Texture: Another way to make a tactile impression, as well as a great visual impact, is by incorporating raised lettering into your business card design. An embossed business card lets recipients know that you care about the impression you are making and that you are willing to go above and beyond.
- Logo: From printed materials to digital assets, your logo represents your company virtually everywhere, and that should include on your business card. Make sure your logo is prominently displayed on your business card so that it stands out.
Make a lasting impression at conferences, networking events, meetings, and more by utilizing a business card printing service that helps you create an outstanding business card. Whether you have a design already created or need assistance from the design all the way through the printing, American Speedy’s professionals can help. Get started today on creating your memorable business card!
Joe is passionate about helping SMBs. He’s spent the last 30+ years building the American Speedy Printing Marketing • Print • Mail – and sharing best practices and marketing trends with his customers. Through research, in-person visits and this blog, he hopes to engage with and empower local business owners and marketing professionals.